Post-Graduate Diploma in Hospital Management
About the Programme
The course in named as “Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital Management” (PGDHM) is affiliated to the Savitribai Phule Pune University.
To train Medical & Non-Medical Graduates in the specialty of the Hospital Administration to meet the growing demand of Hospital Administrator at the middle level of management in the fast growing healthcare industry.
The Eligibility rules for the above Post Graduate Course shall be as under:
Any Bachelor’s Degree – B.Sc ,B.Com, B.A, BCA, MBBS, BHMS, BAMS, BDS, B.Pth ,B.Pharm
General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM) – 3 ½ Years course with one year experience.
D.Pharma & Any Diploma – awarded by the Board of Technical Education of any Govt.
- 10 + 3 years Diploma with 2 years work experience
- 12 + 2 years Diploma with one year work experience
- The Course fee is Rs. 35000/- Fees can be paid in installment. ( Examination Fees will be Extra)
- Form fee is Rs.250/-
- Sancheti Hospital, Pune
- Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune
- Jehangir Hospital, Pune
- Aditya Birla Hospital, Pune
- Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital
- Rao Nursing Home, Pune
- Sahyadri Group of Hospitals
- Poona Hospital, Pune
- Oyster and Pearl Hospital, Pune
- Pawana Hospital, Pune
- Sainath Hospital, Pune
- Global Hospital, Pune
- Inamdar Hospital
- Lokmanya Hospital
- Karne Hospital, Pune
- Niramay Hospital
- Polaris Hospital
- Wockhardt Hospitals
- Noble Hospital, Pune
- Chellaram Hospital
- Medipoint Hospital
- Columbia Asia Hospital,Pune
- Cloudnine Hospital
- HCG Hospitals, Banglore
- Sterling Hospital , Gujarat
- Healing hands Clinic, Pune
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Indus Health Pluse
- Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandai Yojana
- MD India (TPA), Pune
- PH Medical Centre, Pune
- M. Medical Diagnostics, Pune
- Star Diagnostic Centre, Pune
- Nulife Pharmaceutical Company , Pune
- Abott Pharmaceutical Company, Mumbai
Mahan NGO, Amarawati
Multi National Company
Beacon Healthcare, Pune
Four Fountains Spa, Pune
Students organised conference HOSPICON in Pune. They are encouraged to participate in scientific paper presentations, at conferences in India.
A one year course of two semesters. Ist Semester from July to December and IInd from December to May. Savitribai Phule Pune University results are declared in the month of July. Students passed in both semesters have to undergo a 65 Days non stipendiary Internship in Hospitals.
Following certificate are required at the time of admission:
- Statement of Marks (10th, 12th & Graduation)
- Passing Certificate of Graduation
- Transfer / Migration Certificate
- Domicile / Nationality Certificate
- Affidavit regarding GAP in education( if applicable)
- Physical Fitness Certificate
- Affidavit regarding change in Name ( if applicable)
- Character Certificate
- No objection certificate in case of employed candidate (If applicable)
- Certificate from commanding officer in case of children of defense services personnel
- Cast Certificate in case of RESERVED Categories
Number Of Seats
Maximum of 60 seats.
Selection on basis of academic records of students.
(First Come First Basis)
Starting date of issuing forms 15th April.
2017 Course Commencement 18th July.
2017 Ist Semester Examination November.
2017 IInd Semester Examination May, 2018.
- Principles and Practices of Management & Organizational Behaviour
- Managerial Accounting & Financial Management
- Hospital Planning
- Medical Terminology & Procedures
- Hospital Administration
- Journal Related to Hospital Training
- Human Resource Management
- Law Related to Hospital & Medical Services
- Material Management & Inventory Control
- Healthcare & Administration of Clinical & Non-Clinical Services
- Project Report
- Computer Fundamentals & Software Related to Hospitals
Soft Skills with demonstration & Role Play
Student will be posted to different hospitals during the First Semester. They will be required to work with department staff and study the functions of respective departments. Students will have to complete a minimum of 150 hrs, in First Semester for practical training where they have to observe and study each Department on the following aspects & maintain a Journal.
- Architectural requirements
- Staffing requirement
- Equipment requirement
- Methodology and Documentation
- Economics of departments
Journal : Students will write a Journal based on practical training completed in each department of the hospital as specified in the syllabus. They will submit the completed Journal to the Principal before the examination of the First Semester.
Every student must complete a Project Report before the examination of the Second Semester under guidance of a faculty member and submit it for the assessment within the prescribed time limit. The topic for the Project Report shall be selected by the student with consent of the Principal.
Examination System And Standard Of Passing
Students will appear for final examination at the end of each semester for the theory and viva voce conducted by the Savitribai Phule Pune University The minimum standard of passing will be 40% marks in each subject separately in External & Internal Examinations. There is credit system in marking.
All rules, regulation, statutes, ordinances and Instruction from the examination department of the Savitribai Phule Pune University will be followed as applicable.
On successful completion of semester I & II, students will have to undergo Internship Training in hospital for a period of 65 days after the declaration of the Savitribai Phule Pune University result, without stipend as part of the course. Hospital will be allotted by the Principal. Diploma will be awarded only after the submission of the certificate of INTERNSHIP completion by the student to the Savitribai Phule Pune University.